Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Book Review No. 58 - Everyday Kundalini by Kathryn McCusker

Welcome! I have been so busy lately, reading books and being on the internet sort of got away from me. With summer in full bloom, it is hard not to want to enjoy the heat or at least be more active inside where there is some air conditioning.
"Everyday Kundalini" by Kathryn McCusker is a great book, it took me awhile to get through, but it was well worth the read. This is for individuals that are seeking meditation more as a spiritual practice with yoga than people who want "secular" meditation and yoga. 
 
I read the book for research purposes, as I had no idea what Kundalini was about. McCusker does an excellent job introducing the beginner to the topic and moving along at a comfortable pace. This isn't something you can read once and be done, but it is more of a reference material as I can see a reader referring back to the images and explanations as the practice progresses. 
 
Well written with easy to follow instructions, McCusker knows what she is talking about and does a fine job sharing her passion with others. I recommend more for people searching for spiritual practices associated with yoga and meditation, but if you have an open mind its worth a read.
 
Until next time enjoy the sunshine,
Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment