Thursday, July 20, 2017

Book Review No. 42 - Magical Power for Beginners by Deborah Lipp

Well hello there! Welcome back to my little blog, thanks for taking a gander and I hope you find something interesting. Not a whole lot is going on right now, just trying to stay cool in the heat. I've been listening to a lot of AFI, Alkaline Trio and Charlotte OC. If you've not checked out these artists, you really should.

It took me a little while to finish this week's book, but in no way is that a bad thing. Deborah Lipp's book "Magical Power for Beginners" is excellent. I can honestly say if you are new to this topic, this is a perfect place to start. Lipp covers a whole range of topics, some I never even thought to explore, in a very approachable manner. 


Each chapter builds on the next, and there isn't any assumption that you already have knowledge of the topic. I've noticed some beginners books aren't exactly for the complete beginner, that the author assumes you have a little background on the topic. That isn't the case here, which I appreciated. 

There are a lot of really nice, well thought-out exercises to help you progress. I didn't do all of the exercises in the book (I did read them!), and when I have more time, I will definitely be returning to work through them. 

I can recommend this book for beginners and intermediates alike. There is so much well-research and well-written information in this book, I can see myself using it for a long time. This did help my confidence grown in raising power, which I honestly didn't expect. Well done, Deborah Lipp, I will add you to my fav authors.

Until next time,
Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment