Friday, July 14, 2017

Book Review No. 41 - The Silent Corner by Dean Koontz

Well hello there! Come and sit a spell, if you are looking for a good book to read, I have some recommendations on the site.

This week, well just actually today, I finished "The Silent Corner" by Dean Koontz. This is a great cerebral thriller, and I have to say Mr. Koontz is always a good read. He is one of my all-time favorite authors, I've been reading his books for probably almost 2 decades now. As a teenager, I even wrote him a letter condemning him for killing one of his characters. He was ever so polite to reply back, which I never expected!
 
 
This book centers around Jane Hawk, FBI agent on a hunt to find out what really happened to her husband. As the story unfolds, Hawk is pulled into a much deeper network of corruption spanning across the USA. I really don't want to go into too much detail, because the story unfolds revealing lots of twisty-darky-turns that kept me reading well past my bedtime. Filled with cutting edge technology, gripping fight-scenes and lots of emotional drama, I really enjoyed this book. It reminded me a lot of his older works like "Watchers" and  "Strangers". 

If you like suspense, I recommend. If you like a strong female leading character, you will probably like this book. Jane Hawk is a likeable character, which sometimes makes all the difference in a story. Dean Koontz website has a broader universe you can explore associated Jane's story, which probably leads into the next book. I've not gotten a chance to check it out, but if you are into interactive material then you may like that. I can't wait for the next installation. 
 
I'm off to go eat some delicious cheesecake and find another book to fall into. 

Until next time, 
Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment