Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Book Review No. 16 - For the Love of the Gods by Brandy Williams

Hello there! This week I'm writing a review of an interesting book called "For Love of the Gods: The History and Modern Practice of Theurgy" by Brandy Williams.
 
 
This is a well researched book, with lots of information of deity worship spanning thousands of years. What I found really interesting about this book was how Williams interwove narrative stories with informative bits. I like her story telling, and how it relates to the history and dynamics of each time periods. 
 
William's also includes information on how to get started on your own theurgy work. She provides a lot of good stuff on setting up a contemporary practice and what you'll need to do. I'll admit parts of this was a bit heavy for me, but that isn't a bad thing. I don't think this book is necessarily a causal reading experience, I recommend it to someone looking to start their own theury practice and wants a good background on the subject.
 
Until next time!
Jenny 
 
**I was given access to an advanced e-copy of this book for an honest review.  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment