Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Book Review No. 15 - Arc of the Goddess by Rachel Patterson and Tracey Roberts

I recently read this handy book that takes you through a year's worth of goddess worship. Arc of the Goddess by Rachel Patterson and Tracey Roberts is a nice way to introduce yourself to a different selection of goddesses from several different traditions. 


Each month introduces the reader to 9 goddesses, and there is a list of festivals centered around gods and goddesses for the month. I found this really interesting, as many of the goddesses I knew very little about and I liked reading about all the different celebrations. The writers also have a monthly meditation to preform, a "beauty" ritual, and a list of monthly stone and essential oil correspondences. 

I think this book would be a great way to do a yearly course in goddess work, and a way to introduce yourself to different cultural celebrations. The only drawback I see of this book is at times it gets a little redundant, repeating some of the same things every month. Now I read this book all at once, so if you only read the corresponding chapter for the month during that time, the repetitive nature probably wouldn't be as noticeable. 

Until next time!
Jenny


No comments:

Post a Comment