Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Book Review Tuesday No. 4

This week I finished up Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter by Seth Grahame-Smith.



This was an interesting book, a very unique take on our 16th president. I am not an expert on Honest Abe, but I have read several books on him and watched a number of documentaries, and I have to say this was a great portrayal of the man and his burdens.

I liked the infusion of excerpts form his "diary" along with the author's storytelling. And who doesn't enjoy the doctored images of Abe with his vampire-slaying axe, or the conspicuous southern vamps looming around slave auctions of the South?

I have read several other titles by this author and in this style (many are published by Quirk Books). These books have very funny moments, but aren't really seen as comedies. I recommend for anyone liking ghoulish tales intertwined with well-believed character wether they are historical or fictional in nature.

I have not seen the movie yet, but plan on doing so once it comes out on DVD or Blu-ray.



No comments:

Post a Comment