Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Book Review Tuesday No. 1

A new feature on the blog will be a book review on Tuesdays. This will be about a book I have read during the week (or recently).

Since my hubby likes to call me a bibliophile, there is going to be a lot of different types of books reviewed. So enjoy!

This week's book is:

Odd Thomas by Dean Koontz

Well, actually it is going to be about the series leading up to book # 5 Odd Apocalypse. Which I have not read yet, as I am re-reading the other books to refresh myself on the story.

Anyway, Dean Koontz is way up there on my favorite authors list. He really is, love his spooky works and his sarcastic sense of humor.

The Odd Thomas series is a great combination of both, you have a suspenseful story that is really well written and a main character you can't help but love. Odd Thomas is a self-effacing fry-cook with some spectacular abilities. Although he tends to solve the problem by himself using these abilities, he does get guidance and help from a number of colorful and layered secondary characters.

If you enjoy some paranormal activity in books, with suspense and sarcasm, I highly recommend!

Here's hoping book #5 keeps up with the find tradition!





No comments:

Post a Comment